P.1 First steps
P.2 Creating a server project »
P.3 Working with drivers »
This section describes work with iRidium Studio when creating projects for iRidium Server. iRidium Server processes data from automation equipment, saves them and sends the information to control panels. A server project does not have a graphic part - it is a set of scripts and a list of equipment you want to work with.
Create a new project for iRidium Server:
iRidium Studio > File > New > New Server Project
iRidium Studio > File > New > New Server Project
After starting iRidium Studio and creating of Server Project you can see the workspace which consists of:
Project Overview enables you to move between the windows of server settings:
The tab is opened when clicking on I/O in Project Overview
1. Virtual variables (Virtual) - переvariables where you can write any data received as a result of script work (numbers, strings, arrays). Virtual variables are available for changing from control panels.
2. Server Tags - variables which are formed automatically when adding controlled equipment to driver tags. Names of server tags correspond to the names of driver variables in driver tags
3. Settings of tags - they enable setting up virtual tags and server tags.
4. Driver Tags - equipment variables to which iRidium Server has to connect. All variables in this tab are automatically projected on server tags.
5. Settings of tags - they enable you to set up equipment variables controlled by the server. The settings are unique. They depend on the driver type the server works with.
The tab is opened when clicking on Config in Project Overview
1. Job Notes - information about the project. It will be displayed in the panel projects connected to this server project
2. Description - notes about the project, version history. It will be displayed in the panel projects connected to this server project
3. General - main project properties
4. Settings - the settings of the server and the iRidium Server driver which will connect the server and panel projects. This information will be displayed in all panel projects connected to this server project:
5. Debugging Log Level - the depth of logging, what information is displayed in the server log:
Click Save in the lower part of the settings window to save the server settings.
It is a tool for creating programs in the Java Script language which will work on the server. The logic of server work is formed with the help of scripts. The server supports its own set of Java Script methods and properties.
open the editor of iRidium scripts
It is a database of drivers, commands and script modules for controlling different equipment. All iRidium supported devices which you can use in your projects are stored here.
It is a tool for creating preset drivers, commands and channels on the basis of the AV & Custom Systems driver.
It is a professional tool which allows to set up control of any AV equipment, media server, converter or another device. More information in the data processing section.
Edit - to open the database editor
GC Cloud is an online database of IR commands for the Global Cache driver.
Click "Update" to download the list of manufacturers and commands (connection to the Internet is required)
The database structure:
Drag the folder with commands on the IR output of the Global Cache driver in your project. The commands are preset - you do not need to edit them:
Commands and folders can be moved from one IR output of GC modules to another by dragging.
Full encryption of projects (saving in the protected format)
iRidium projects (*.irpz, *.sirpz) can be saved in the protected format which will not allow other parties to get access to project editing, its settings and resources (icons, sounds, images, equipment channels).
Protected projects (*.pirpz, '*.psirpz) cannot be opened in Studio but they can be uploaded on control panels where the application will automatically unpack and start the interface.
Project encryption is an irreversible process. Files saved in the *.pirpz format cannot be turned back to *.irpz or edited. They can be only uploaded on control panels. Encrypted projects are saved together with the original ones. You can edit original projects only.
There are also means for protecting data inside *.irpz projects which work without encrypting the whole project:
Encryption of script files
You can limit iRidium Script viewing and editing by assigning an access password to it:
Commands available in the drop-down lists File Project Tools Help View
File > New > New Panel Project
File > New > New Server Project
Open the settings: Tools > Options
"Emulator" - settings of Emulator in the editor
The mode of work with Emulator ( with connection to equipment or without it) is set up in the Client License section
"Showing" - settings of displaying in the editor workspace
"Scan" - settings of HDL Buspro network scanning
"File Operating" - settings of project auto save and backup, editor update and file import in Gallery
"Default Control Settings" - font settings for new items created with the help of the "Draw Item" tool